"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Monday, February 15, 2010

Mystic Monday - Animal Guides

So before I scare you away, no, I’m not into witchcraft or any such thing. And although that practice may be perfectly fine for some, it’s not something I choose. I’m too chicken of the shadows that lurk in the dark.

A couple years ago I would say animal guides were nonsense. But what if there is more than meets the eye. What if there is wisdom in everything that has a life source whether it be man, plant, animal, mineral. I can’t discount that I’ve had dogs with specific personalities that seemed to meet the specific need I had at a particular time in life. And what of the wild animals that seem to defy their natural instinct to stay clear of humans. I’ve mentioned before that a year or so ago I was being “stalked” by hummingbirds. Never seen them but in pictures and suddenly they’re appearing nearby. And although I thought them beautiful I didn’t start to really notice until they started hovering by my ear or within inches of my face. And it was then that I wondered if these little things could be a sign of some sort. Granted I was more lost at that time than I am now so I would have grasped at anything. But what if. And with that I looked up animal guides and the message the hummingbird gave seemed to address exactly what I was facing at that time in my life.

And it raised my awareness. With that moment I was willing to look, really look, at life around me. Not just exist but to be aware. Perhaps the Great Spirit has to use other forms of messengers sometimes to remind us that we are more than just flesh and bones. That there is something greater within us if we could only remember and trust in ourselves.

And sometimes I make a game of the things I see. Saturday we walked through an art gallery and antique stores. Although the art gallery was beautiful I felt that sadness that comes with believing I'll never be that good. A 'why am I wasting my time' moment. And when I came out I was amused by the name of a bar I saw, "The Blind Pig". Then in each antique store, hidden behind used treasures, I kept finding pig statues. Big, little, flat....and not as group displays. And I never even notice pigs but I wondered. Message? After looking it up I read: "Stop, reflect, and listen to the sound of your inner wisdom. Are you open to receiving? Remember the law of attraction and that you attract what you set your thoughts on- whether you want it or not." So message or not, coincidence or whatever, it did bring me back to reality and remind me that everyone starts somewhere.

Other societies have known the value of animals in nature. Not just as a source of food or clothing but the wisdom they seem to have. And there are often clear dreams that I'll have of animals I hardly even think of during the day. And for fun I always check and am amused (amazed) by the message that seems to be there. And always seems fitting for what's on my mind. True or not, I suppose anything that gives a little help along the journey is always welcome.

And yesterday for a moment I felt that sadness of the loss of open lands to development. The picture in my head of trees being replaced by concrete parking lots. But by the end of the day I was elated after walking through the woods and reconnecting to nature. I saw deer, eagles, hawks, squirrels and heard an owl. Whew...imagine all the messages there? But not necessary, one message rang through my head the whole time: "We are far greater than any concrete jungle...."

3 comments:

  1. Pigs? I know people with pig fascinations and collections. Pretty smart. Awkwardly dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so the pig must mean something, right ?
    but what ?
    I doubt it has anything to do with bacon :)

    I think I'd have to dig deeper on this one....I love signs, but not if they drive me crazy when I can't figure out what they're trying to tell me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. you really are that good
    if you'd only get your arse back in the studio
    valentine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!