"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Monday, February 8, 2010

Ode to Footwear

They're not stilletos
Or pumps or open-toed

They're not pretty or dainty
Or sequined or strappy

But they're strong
And warm
And rugged

And they take a beating
And can handle oil and sand
Gravel and tar

And they're buttery soft
When baking in the sun's rays
And they make me smile at the end of the day
When they're dusty and retell the adventure

And right about now
I'm missing them very much


Yeah yeah I'm rather pathetic
Romanticizing my riding boots
Which I miss very much

I  - NEED - TO - RIDE

5 comments:

  1. your symptoms are similar to mine....you need warm weather to ride, I need warm weather to photograph in....

    hey, you want to move away to someplace warm?....I like the south....well, I like some of the places in the south.....

    or how about we just hit the road for a warm vacation....that could work, too and might make our hubby's happier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Beth's suggestion of moving down South may not work so well this year either - it's not so very cold and we don't know, but it is raining all the time it seems. That said, I am going for a quick walk with Winslow (our dog) before it starts raining again... Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss warm temps because usaully warm temps mean lots of sun...I'm missing the sun right now.

    Hope your 12 yr old celebration was fun : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your poem, Elena. So visual starting out with the "fancy-dancies" and mellowing into your warm and comfy favorites. Pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite boots got chewed up by a foster dog. I even had them resoled they were so comfy! I miss them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!