And so, no warm greetings this morning and I still had nothing to say. Until I looked out the window and saw....snow. Again. At first I cringed and then secretly smiled. I love Spring and knowing all will reawaken; the summer breezes that dance among the windchimes, the cricket songs (oooh I love crickets), the smell of flowers and grass and so on and so on. But it also means weeding and mowing and allergies and humidity and ticks....which I'm not ready for. And so for a moment I thanked mother Nature and her wisdom. I relished the thought that I could hibernate inside a bit longer. That I wouldn't have to add the list of outdoor chores to the list of indoor chores that sing a song of guilt if I steal away to the studio.
It's as if I have one foot inside the warmth and comfort of home and one foot outside ready for the possibilities of a new season. And I smiled at the similarities to my life; I have one foot in my old familiar life even though I know I've outgrown it and another foot tentatively touching the darkness of an unknown path. The funny thing is that with each step I take into that unknown more is revealed. As if I carry a flashlight that lights the path before my foot. And yet, instead of releasing my foothold on the path behind me, I instead stretch myself to straddle both. I wonder at what point I'll snap like a rubber band. Tee hee.
So yep, aren't you glad I had nothing to say?
This hibernating bear is getting her bootay in the studio today.
I have to but there's things to dust, laundry, dishes.....
oh and the damned doc appt....jeez
Wish I had a neighbour who'd bring over cupcakes!
ReplyDeleteSheesh! Imagine if you actually had something to say! hee hee!
ReplyDeleteGreat post. I actually welcomed the snow this morning as well although I fought hard with the shovel. We don't seem to get along well.
Now get your butt in that studio!
I'm not even dressed! LOL!
ReplyDeleteI have so much to do I am doing my spastic chicken dance, running in a circle and getting nothing done....it's pretty frightening really. ;-)
Yeah, I hear ya on the snow.
Enough is enough.
IS ENOUGH!!!
XXOO~~♥
Anne...nothing to say, but yapping anyway!!!
Wait---I just read what I wrote---
ReplyDeleteI AM dressed---I am still in PJS...
NOT NAKED!!! :-D
A.
If that is you with nothing to say, I am waiting with great anticipation (I think) for when you do have something to say..................... Great post!
ReplyDeleteI am tired...kind of even too tired to comment on many blogs I love. Winter/Feb/blahs kicking my ass...
ReplyDeleteJust know I love ya and I am glad you are getting checked out by the doc !
Hugs !
I'm afraid I'm in the same boat as Kim---TIRED!!! Of the dreary weather, of the struggle between making art and taking care of obligations, and the scale?!?!?!??!!? That is the biggest struggle that I am tired of!! How can eating what you enjoy be so bad?!?!?! BUT....am very glad you got checked out and are OK!!!! ((BIG HUGS))
ReplyDelete