"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Holy fishsticks!!

I truly intended to spend time in the studio
But instead spent a few hours with the doctor
Who confirmed that I'm fine albeit a bit congesty

But it was at the moment 
Standing on the scale watching the digital readout scanning (and scanning)
Until illuminating the magic number
That I thought I had a heart attack

40lbs
I know I have to shed 40lbs
But it never occurred to me what 40lbs is
It's the bag of birdseed I buy each month
And the bag of dog food I can hardly pull out of the cart
And it's this prized fish someone caught

photo from crappie.com

Holy crap! I'm carrying a slimy yucky fish around my bootay!

~ ~ ~
The doc seemed surprised to hear what I eat
who woulda thought you could gain weight by not eating enough
and drinking lots of pop
tee hee
I really hate water
Really

But I have to try to lose a bit
So that next year I'm not going to my son's graduation
With me and fishbutt sharing the same dress
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight,
because by then your body and your fat are really good friends.
Author Unknown

8 comments:

  1. It is a hard fight, isn´t it. My "fish" is thriving.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are both goofy! I see myself and see a youngish middle aged short mom. I don't see thin but I don't see fat. Until I was in Target trying on clothes and they have a freakin' mirror set up behind the other mirror. I was getting undressed, looked in the mirror at the horror of seeing the other mirror. The backside. HOW COME NOBODY TOLD ME WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE BACK THERE!!!! Yup. Carp butt here too. Good thing my husband loves to go fishing!!!! Ha ha ha ha!!!! Too far? Anyways, I get ya girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, pop's a killer with all that sugar. Have you tried that flavoured water that's lo-cal? Tasty but still water -- won't pack on the pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you checked it out
    extra weight does cause problems
    and raises everything
    now to begin the journey
    your made of tough stuff..you'll do it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking my backside must look like TWO of those big fish....but the BAD thing is when you are as tall as I am, the pounds can pack on and you don't SEE them.
    Yes, I FEEL them, but I still can dress where they don't show. And people say, "Why do you think you need to lose weight?"
    Well, when you bend over and your belly is between YOU and your SHOES, fighting to keep you away?
    Something needs to go.
    I'm with you......UGH. <:-[

    Here's to big-ass crappies....

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are just congested. :-)
    Here's to loving ourselves through the "work".
    Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy, isn't that a true quote! Try a wedge of fresh cut lemon in your ice water. That's what i do and it's yummy and truly thirst-quenching. I think we need a diet blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! That's some fish. I have to lose a whole other person! :-(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!