This week's weekword, Therapeutic, was picked by Domestic Scribbles.
I wondered
What is it that soothes my soul
When I was working it used to be a Coke and Hersheys
to calm the twitching eyelid and quench the desire
to sucker-punch the shithead across the table from me
(besides my family of course)
I realize it's my constant companions
Jazz and Sparky
It's the friendship and support
from my blogging family
the connections to other creative and spiritual souls
who see the world through open eyes
It's creating from my heart
and not my head
It's looking at nature with my heart
and not my eyes
It's shoveling snow as I listen to the coyotes howl
And watching the deer tip the bird feeder
Watching a waterdrop from the icicle
Look like a crystal prism as it falls to the ground
It's knowing my angels are always near
Being open to the signs
Being open to the signs
that remind me once again
that 'love' is the word for 2011
and has been making a world of difference

Because if you squint really hard
And use a bit of imagination
Perhaps, just perhaps, you can see the hearts
in these two photos
I was lucky enough to take today
I was lucky enough to take today
Definition of therapeutic: Having or exhibiting healing powers
Yep, I'd say I'm on the road to healing
No more twitching eyelids
No more twitching eyelids




You have excelled yourself Elena, greattake on therapeutic.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post Elena~~~you have just BLOOMED!!!
ReplyDeleteXXOO~~♥
Anne
Beautiful post Elena. Beautiful window where you can see everything outside. Very very nice. Of course I would be remiss if I left out Jazz and Sparky, now they are what brings the spark in one's life. I know when I'm down, all I have to do is hold Chocolatte' and my world is better immediately. They are healing powers and they listen to you when you talk. The friendship with family pet members as I call them is never ending, it will always be.::sigh:: Nice post.
ReplyDeleteI think those heart photos are divinely inspired. Ah, therapeutic, what a word. Dogs and cats definitely figure in there.
ReplyDeleteLovely pictures! Thanks for thinking about therapeutic with me!
ReplyDeleteDang! What a difference a job (or lack-there-of) makes! Sounds like your life is by far new and improved!
ReplyDeleteYou sound sooooo happy and content!!!! You are on an amazing path these days!! I look forward to the next few "chapters" with much anticipation!!! And what an incredibly beautiful room of windows you have!! Very inspiring I would imagine!!
ReplyDeleteYou've got a heart on, baby!
ReplyDeleteI can see the hearts without squinting :], and like your definition of therapeutic a lot better than the one I found. This is such an uplifting post! I especially love that last pic, and Jazz? [the one on the left] looks just like my Max. I miss him, but I have a ringneck parrot now called Ringo. Pets really are so therapeutic.
ReplyDeleteNothing more therapeutic then the companionship of a furry friend. My two are with me constantly. I find it very soothing.
ReplyDeleteLove the hearts! :-)
Hershey's and a coke! Yep... I can relate to that... even the need to sucker-punch the ding-dong across the desk from you. Ha! Loved your words. Beautifully written. Have a therapeutic weekend!
ReplyDeleteWow! I dream of one day having a conservatory like yours. What a wonderful place to be inspired. Your pooches are adorable. Great photos of hearts, I can see them :)
ReplyDeletedon't know what your profession or previous career was? sucker-punch! ha! makes me giggle thinking about it! & makes my work colleagues seem pretty tame!
ReplyDeleteenjoying your blog... love the photos (especially the "heart" pics. You should share them with Chrissy:
http://chrissygardner.blogspot.com/2011/01/calling-all-hearts.html
She'd love to see these!
Welcome to WEEKWORD - hope you'll continue!
Oh I am so enamored with your post Elena! Furry companions are the best (I have several around me all the time) but I love how your heart practically sings in this post-the light you caught in your hand and through the trees is truly magical. So inspiring!
ReplyDeleteGosh, I hate to just repeat what others said, but I was away over the weekend & am only now looking at some of these responses to "Therapeutic." Yours is wonderful :-) Don't know how I could have missed pets as a major point, but you are so right! And like Carmen, I loved the photo of the prism in your palm. I've done that... but never had the wherewithall to take a picture. I feel relaxed just looking at it!
ReplyDeleteWell, why do I still have that twitch in my eye? I don't do Hersheys and Coke. I need more therapy, keep it coming.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, Elena. That's what it's all about, isn't it? And look at the inspiration you have to look at. You WERE meant to have that house, weren't you.
ReplyDelete