"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Weekword: OH!

UPDATE: NEXT WEEKWORD BY UPSIDEDOWN BEE
 So it was my turn to pick the Weekword and I picked OH
I'm putting the participant list here, since I was as yappy as usual
John  The Healing Seed     Karen The Distracted Cook    Joye Joyefulart   
Junebug Junebug's Musings     B  Upsidedown Bee     Biomouse  Tails of a Biomouse
SowandSew      Christine E-E of Silverlinings4me    BlueRose of Metamorphosing 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
During life #1 I used the word in this context
"Oh shit, I have to do...."
"Oh dammit, I have to order..."
"Oh God, please cancel that meeting..."
"Oh please give me more time!"
"Oh, why..."
During life #2 it's become
"Oh, WOW!"
for pretty much everything I see
because I can see now
beyond piles of papers, deadlines, frowning faces

It's the feeling as I ride around a mountain curve
and suddenly there's an opening in the trees
exposing a lake down below
with the sun gleaming on the water
and an eagle flying high overhead
and the first strums of Into the Mystic by Van Morrison
on my headset
"Oh!"  pure magic

It's the fat raindrops bouncing off my helmet
The smell of the land after a storm
The sunrises and sunsets
The hovering hummingbird
The messages from the Angels
The feeling of paint on my hands
The strum of a guitar and the perfect song
The night sky, howling coyotes and wolves
Dew caught in spider webs
It's lighting storms, the first snowfall, the first spring bud
Life

After the "yucky" post, I worked hard at trusting
And then hubby walked in with a gift and
"Oh, W O W!"
In the process of drilling they uncovered these

You see, that part of the Chicago lakefront
is built upon landfill from the 1890s
The tall one is a German stonewear mineral water bottle from the 1800s
The engraving reads Rhenser Minerbrunner
Deustchland, Germany with engraved crest
The bottle next to it reads Northwestern Brewery
The brown one is JC Borgherdt Pharmacist
And Atlas Brewing Company
Just bottles you say?
Not to me
Have you noticed my ummm slightly overactive imagination?
I hold each and wonder about its journey
Who held it, where it's been, how long it lay hidden
It makes me all tingly
being one of the best gifts he's ever given me
besides the louder motorcycle pipes in lieu of a wedding ring (hee hee)
OH!

And as I took the photos I happened to look behind me
And was rewarded for my patience today
by the sky's promise that the sun will return
And as I sat to write this post I looked out the window
"OH!"
the night sky
I have officially overloaded my senses today
and must go to bed


12 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! Those bottles!!
    ok.. its not up yet..but when you go there..READ!
    http://gypseanurse.blogspot.com
    Thx!
    YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a breathtaking journey, so vivid and vibrant. Like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great writing this day and love the love that comes when the man in our lives really knows what turns us on...Mine to will bring home gifts like that...how special to be in the moment if the day...be good, be kind and in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH!!!!!
    Those bottles.....OH! OH! OH!
    Those are amazing---boy would I like to be there to see what else is uncovered! Yesterday I was thinking of all the old bottles I let go in my parents auction, doing the Homer Simpson *DOH!* moment.
    And then you get some.
    Hmmmmmmmm..................oh. That's how it all works, right? ;-)

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love old bottles. I seem to find them wherever I go. At home on the farm, in my GA backyard and in Mexico on a mission trip. I am just fascinated by them and I even have a slightly repulsed Oh moment when trying to clean them out. :-)
    The trees looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh!! Wow!!! Those bottles - I want!!! Oh, I want so badly!!! What a great find, especially that old one from Germany - they were so cool! A beautiful post, Elena - what a way you have with words... Love, SIlke

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's what I said! OH! Love those bottles. What treasures. Great photos too, Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful word and equally wonderful post, Elena! Thanks for hosting us. I love, love, love the bottles.... the photos.... and the great words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elean what a beautiful soulful and delightful post to read. I felt that I could explore all your oh! moments with you, and to appreciate the beauty around you through your pictures and words, and remember to do the same for myself. Thank you for writing and sharing such a personal and wonderful Oh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my imagination does that too. I found a penny from 1901 the other day and wondered the same thing. I have a collection of bottles that I found on my inlaw's ranch that's been family owned since the late 1800's. they didn't have a place to take their trash back then. they just buried it at different places on the property. isn't it funny how their trash is our treasures?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!