"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Like PacMan

“Our business in life is not to get ahead of others, 
but to get ahead of ourselves -- 
to break our own records, to outstrip our yesterday by our today.” 
Stewart B. Johnson

I think the most interesting thing I've learned on this quest to create myself 
has been the recognition that nobody holds me back except myself. 
Everyone around me encourages me to move ahead. 
And the occasions where I've met those who say  
"You can't" or "You shouldn't" 
have served as a catalyst to propel me into a frenzy of activity. 
Much like PacMan eating a power pellet and turning back to eat the enemy ghosts. 
Yeah, just like that.

I wonder if that pellet would work on my own fears...

3 comments:

  1. Yes it will! But you have to LET it... ;-)
    Now chomp away girl!

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´m with Anne, you have the pellet, it is just the will and desire to take it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so much better at fighting the outside stuff than the inside crap! What's funny though, is when I take on a cause that touches my heart deeply, and where I can offer something to the world around me, those inner fears become less of a focus and therefore a little less scary...at least sometimes...
    Kind of hanging out with the crappy stuff for a bit right now over here. Not my favorite place to be but maybe, just maybe, it is a necessary part of it, in order to know the really good stuff ?
    What do I know ? ;-)
    Happy munching, Pac-Woman !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!