Sometimes when I worry on a global level
I need a break from thinking
And although I didn't intend to spend my Sunday as such
I focused on that which I could control
And launched a cleaning attack on part of the house
Which involved crevice tools and step stools
Exhausted I fell upon the couch
Smelling that clean smell and listening to the thunder roll in the darkness outside
Not that cleaning had solved the world's problems
It cleared the logjam in my head
And a knowing replaced the worry
Before I went to bed
I found this cool video in my email
That felt like the Universe was patting my hand
And saying, 'we'll be fine'
This morning this was waiting for me from Whitebison.org
"There are things man has control over, and there are things man does not have control over. No matter how smart we get, whether it be in technology or science, there are things we will never control. The Great Spirit carefully protected and hid the control over certain things in the Unseen World. There are forces in the Unseen World that make sure humans don't mess things up.
The bottom line is, no matter what we do, nature will have the last say.
Nature is the teacher, we are the students..."
The bottom line is, no matter what we do, nature will have the last say.
Nature is the teacher, we are the students..."
sorry about the quality; taken with phone Friday evening
~ ~
And because I probably don't say it enough
Thanks for all your comments
Y'all rock
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another,
'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”
C.S. Lewis

This video brought great joy this morning watching it...thanks for sharing...reminds me there is so much more to this wonderful world instead of the news!!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE LOVE LOVE those moments when we are reminded that we are NOT in charge!! And that there is so much more going on "out there" than we will ever know or understand!!
ReplyDeleteLoved the video!
Accepting that we're not in charge lifts the huge burden off, and let's us focus on what we can change/do.
ReplyDeleteAs I have aged, my things that are on the important list has dropped a lot.
I know my limitations, I know where I can be of use, I think hard before saying yes to an extra project. It keeps me being a better *me* and maybe that is the real important thing in the end....
XXOO~~♥
Anne
It is a paradox, the only time we are in control of our lives is when we realize that we are not in control of our lives............... Oh dear, headache tablet I think. :)
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't have believed that video if it wasn't from SeaWorld. Amazing!
ReplyDeleteI know that global scale worry very well - when I ignore stuff in the day time, it sometimes even wakes me up in nightmares. But coming back to the moment, the scrubbing and cleaning and bubble playing of it all, is when I am able to find peace in it all. Loving my life and having an attitude of gratitude whenever possible. I think we are on to something here, my friend Elena.
ReplyDeleteHugs !