I'm catching on to how I operate
I create and feel like I'm on top of the world
Ideas start popping in that say things like
'you could use your creations for this or that'
'try out for this or that'
And I cringe chastising myself for thinking on such a grand scale
Reeling in the 'dreamer brain'
I lock the shackles around my ankle and hesitantly return to creating
A bit gun-shy from having been slapped down my head funnels back to the present
'try mixing this paint with that'
'try adding this to it'
And then something happens that I stop creating altogether
(self sabotage)
(self sabotage)
And start focusing on the practical things like being a mom, bills, housework, jobs
Tired of being ignored
my brain switches from 'dreamer' to 'worrier'
And starts formulating ways to fix the world
Or adding more things to the 'todo' list (todo means all)
Guilt of not doing anything mixing with desire to create
Or adding more things to the 'todo' list (todo means all)
Guilt of not doing anything mixing with desire to create
Until it reaches a crescendo and the switch seems broken and toggles back and forth between dreamer, creator, worrier and the thoughts spin out of control like a whirlwind of debris until...
it fizzles
and I sit there in silence
without a thought in my head
no energy, no desire
And I feel a great sense of loss
Giving into this sense of pity, I sat there
I went to the mailbox
and found some beautiful gifts
that immediately raised my spirits
two people whose creations prove
two people whose creations prove
the importance of following your dreams
without dreams...my spirit withers and dies
(I'll post pics of my treasures tomorrow)
my brain is on strike right now
(self sabotage to the max)
(self sabotage to the max)
Ah Elena, such is the human mind, it loves to turn in on itelf. It can paralyse intuitive thought and stifle life. But you've been there before, as we all have, and you'll sort it out when you are ready.
ReplyDeleteApprove of yourself and it will happen
ReplyDeleteIt is the only approval that matters
I knew a frog once who was stuck in a wagon rut
and he was afraid to leave it,fearing the wagon wheel..but as he agonized about bravery and risk and moaned about fear...The wagon came by and crushed him
you're no frog so get moving
Yes of course we all do this very same thing from time to time but we get ourselves out of the rut because we have to, as each day is just too precious. Right now at this month which is a hard one for me, I'm in a rut but I know I'll get out of it because I love life and all it has to offer. In fact I'm going in my backyard to see what has popped out of the ground. You'll be fine, trust in yourself. Have a wonderful week. Make tortillas, and if you don't know how, there are a lot of recipes for them here on the net. tee hee.
ReplyDeleteThank you for describing exactly how my brain works!!!!
ReplyDeleteTime to get out of yourself and into the world around you....take a break...fill the well remember you tap into it when you create and then you need to fill up again..that's why I walk the woods it's a place I fill up,mind body and soul....we are not an endless supply of energy, we need to charge up now and then..or we go dry and turn in on ourselves. Look in see honesty, look out see hope and look up and there is faith...move on out babe and rack some part of the yard or tend to some part of the earth you will feel better...Ok sorry for the preaching...it's just what I need to today so I guess I speak it from experience. be on with it... aware of, accept it and act upon. be gentle, be kind and be in peace
ReplyDelete