"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Friday, March 18, 2011

Weekword: Augoeides

This week's word, Augoeides, was selected by my dear friend John-thehealingseed.

I awoke at 4 a.m. to the sound of a dog getting sick
Under the bed
As I ran to get towels I noticed the brightness in the dark living room
The moon saying 'hey! you're up'
As I ran for the camera my groggy head struggled to remember what I'd heard about the moon
March 19 is a lunar perigree
when the moon is closest to the Earth by a few thousand miles
one of roughly 12-13 lunar perigees a year

But
March 19 is also a Super Moon
(don't you love that title - brings to mind capes and flying heroes)
The moon will be closer to us than it has been in 18 years
and because it's also a full moon it's been coined the
Extreme Super Moon
(that's like super moon x2; wears a bigger cape)

Of course there are those predicting catastrophes
during the "March 16-22 super moon risk window" 
(sounds like there should be a special red phone in the commissioner's office)
as the moon wrecks havoc upon unsuspecting earth-dwellers
with its gravitational pull

But there's no denying the beauty of the moon
Super, Extreme, or not
Gazing at the moon wondering who else has looked upon it
then and now
connecting us all like a wondrous game of connect-the-dots
~
Augoeides is an obsure term for 'luminous body' and thought to refer to the planets
it has also been used to refer to the 'radiant spiritual body'
'self luminous or shining body' as opposed to your lower self or personality
or the name given to man's Guardian Angel
During the last Super Moon's visit, 18 years ago, I was a wreck
this year the moon finds that I have connected to my radiant spiritual body
I'm not alone
And I'm capable of so much because of it
I'm an Extreme Super Elena
(bwah-ha-ha! I couldn't resist)


 So thanks to a pukey dog 
this is the moon I caught this morning
Loved the reflection in the window 
The tiny 'moon' next to it
That's me
And the real moon to the left
That's Spirit

9 comments:

  1. What a great post! And thanks for the heads up on the moon. We love sky gazing in this house. Going to keep our eye to the sky this weekend (and hope for clear)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Crap, Elena...that picture is amazing!
    No wonder they call you Extreme Super Elena!
    I saw the moon last night too. It was so bright I thought I had left the porch light on!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi amiga. Great post!! Super Moon, what a great name, almost as good as Super Elena, tee hee. :) This Super Moon belongs to all of us and we all share in it's beauty, isn't that wonderful. I will look at the moon tonight and remember your post and say to the moon, "Is Elena looking at you right now?" :) Have a great weekend. By the way, it's great to hear you so chipper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to add the "Earth Sky" to my favorites since it's gives a list ofhappenings with the moon and they did speak of Super Moon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post Elena and a wonderful photograph. Enlightening and filled with such potential. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Elena I was just thinking I was going to post on the perigee Super Moon too!! Well I absolutely loved your post as always, and I'm so glad a pukey dog led to the Extreme Super Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photo..fun spirited post...I love moon magic..and yes the super moon was awesome!
    Kiki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!