"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What happened?

I know I wrote something here about feeling as if I'm at a crossroads
Or sitting on that plateau looking back at where I've been
and forward to where I'm going (squinting through the fog not quite seeing)
Feeling tethered to the way things were because even though I didn't like them
They were familiar

But I can't deny it
Something happened during that Reiki session
something that I can't even chalk up as woowoo nonsense
Trust me I've tried
And my ego has nothing
Ego sits there arms crossed shrugging and saying
"Whoa, you got me"
Like we've partnered up for the journey

I feel like the tether has been cut
I know the past is there
But it doesn't hold the same appeal
I'm no longer standing at the crossroads
Or sitting on that plateau
Something has shifted and I've taken a step forward

I survived the teen visit
Laughing at their discussions
not about girls or sports
but about farts and food
Took them to see the animated movie, Rango

Rango who dreams of life while in the safety of terrarium
(me in Life #1)
and the silly little line in the movie
"You can't walk out on your own story"
sucker-punched me
Yeah...
It's my story
Stand up, face forward and keep walking

So, nope, I have no clue what happened in Reiki
but I don't care
It's good

8 comments:

  1. Love reading about your process! Hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on such a roll!! I have to tell you, I have had a similar experience recently---not as profound as yours but, a sudden "knowing" that I HAVE to be true to myself!! I realized how my ideas about my husband's "expectations" for me were leaving me feeling like I was coming up short, letting him down and I was going around feeling horribly guilty about it all!!! Turns out, he is letting go of expectations (much progress on his part!!), I am letting him know exactly who I am and what I need and the fact that it's different than what he needs is OK!!! We are two different people who deserve to honor ourselves!!! (Feels like I should be bursting into a rendition of "I've Gotta Be ME!"). And all this, just when I was feeling like I was making NO PROGRESS whatsoever!! The universe jumped in and surprised me with this gift!!! By the way, I would love to know a lot more about Reiki sometime when you have time---like how you got into it and what it does for you. I've been wanting to go to a Reiki session at the Center and it always seems to be at a time when I can't make it! Pardon my rambling here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good isn´t it.............

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to see rango !
    and now with that line from it....it's a must do !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the Reiki cleared an energy block for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Love that you're giving into it, allowing it, being it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you say that you "love" reiki ?;)
    Looks like life is giving your lots of things to sink your love into ! Yay !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear that things are going better for you elena. I've got to see that movie too. For sure, "you can't walk out on your own story." :)) You sound refreshed and ready to tackle anything. You go girl! Thx for stopping by my blog. Take care and enjoy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!