As I rushed out the door this morning
I heard something on the radio that made me stop
"Rock bottom is where God goes to recreate people"
And that reminded me of something hubby said he dreamed about
one of those days when I last saw him
(when was that...hee hee)
He said he dreamed about 2012
and that it would come down to those that 'have' and those that don't
that many of those that 'have' would lose it
he called it 'the have's and the have nots'
I'm intrigued that so many people start to discover their true selves
once they have either lost someone, something, or faced a major event
rock bottom
Why is that
I understand the loss of someone or perhaps a major illness
But when you lose the material things or the jobs or the 'stuff'
Is it because you're suddenly stripped of what you identified with?
What you thought defined you?
Even more intriguing that sometimes friendships follow those things
being stripped away
being stripped away
It's like a scab peeled away to expose new skin
(eeeew gross)
It's as if the Universe gets tired
of watching many of us walk through life 'zombified'
and it grabs us by the shoulders and shake us up a bit
('have or have not')
and we either snap or we wake up
and when you wake up
whoa
I wonder if that's what it feels like after cataract surgery
~ ~ ~
Mama still healing
Rental almost ready for occupancy
Two good things that have come of this
I remember now what it felt like to live in my car and that gas costs $50 a week
I'm not missing work anymore
And I'm so sick of McDonalds and pop that the mere thought makes me cringe
So when I'm back home (soon?) I want healthy food
~ ~ ~
For the record
I was a have
and I feel richer as a have not
in a sense
it's made me a have
on a whole other (Universal) scale
Thank God He met me at rock bottom
(hee hee, this is the result of tired brain)
One of my favourite quotations is that God is not met on top of the mountain the way most stories say. In reality, God is met in the abyss.
ReplyDeleteTrue richness comes from within. Great post!
ReplyDeleteYour hubby is right; we are now a nation of HAVES and HAVE NOTS, with the second group growing quicker. This is a creel time in general.
ReplyDeleteYou find what you are made of when everything else is stripped because you (the universal *you*) cannot hide behind a powerful job, the right social circles, expensive items purchased to impress~~~all the earthly things go.
And there you are, naked of your acquired armor and the real flesh is there, either to fight or go into flight.
I'm a fighter. I can make it.
But there are a lot I am not so sure about....
XXOO~~♥
Anne
Oh, but I am so tired to battle any longer. Much catching up to do here... and there...
ReplyDelete