With Spring just around the corner, we've reached that point where the clocks change.
"Spring ahead" means we change our clocks one hour ahead
It's usually a tough thing to get used to...
since instead of waking at 6:00 it's really 5:00.
since instead of waking at 6:00 it's really 5:00.
But there is one perk: Dawn
Waking at this hour means the sun is just beginning to stir.
It's still dark but standing outside you notice the difference in the atmosphere.
A shift.
As if the trees and birds know it's almost time.
There's an anticipation of what shall the day bring.
The darkness begins to fade into indigo blues as the sun reaches towards the heavens.
My favorite moment where the trees look like shadow performers taking center stage.
Where every bare branch is outlined against a kaleidoscope sky.
Will it be sunny or cloudy or cold or warm.
And I realize it doesn't matter.
It's another day.
And it occurs to me I've reached a 'dawn' moment on my journey.
There's a stillness; a quietness.
And yet I can feel the anticipation of something new.
A sense that I've just walked through another door on my journey.
I hear a bird chirp high in the trees
Bidding me a welcome
Or perhaps it says
'quit you're dawdling lady and feed me'
Such beauty within and without...
ReplyDeleteOkay, you just made me feel like a heel! I'm going to have to adopt your attitude. You see, normally I'm a morning person but I like to wake with a little light and the birds a chirpin'. Now? I wake to total darkness once again and it's my job to drag my tired butt out of bed and walk around waking all the crabby kids who don't want to get up but would rather have "another ten minutes...pleeeeease?" And how can I blame them? It's pitch dark! Our bodies are built to sleep when it's dark. Silly time change!
ReplyDeletethe best time of day is the time when night mights day...love the dawn too. promises and hope await
ReplyDeleteYou just made me feel a whole lot better about the early morning stuff too ! I am now looking forward to tomorrow moring so I can greet the dawn the way you described !
ReplyDeleteI want to say a big thank you for the little giftie you sent me, full of LOVE and springtime juice ! It was so very appreciated and made my day, Big Time ! Thank you, my Friend !
Wonderful Elena...I love early mornings too..and all the magic waiting to be plucked from the mists! Happy Coming of Spring...enjoy enjoy!
ReplyDeleteHUgs
xo
Kiki