I've reached this point before
Where I close my eyes and I can see the red soil
And I can feel the sun warming my skin
And my nose fills with the smells of the earth
I can smell pine trees and roasting chiles
Or the smell of adobe after being warmed by the sun
Where I feel like I'm being watched
Or being welcomed with open arms
I'm dreaming of the Southwest again
The last two times this happened were times when I ran away
This time is different
I'm not running away
I feel like I'm being called Home
Maybe you should come home. <3 <3 <3
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDeleteWow. What a beautiful call. Are you making plans? Sounds like one you should listen to.
ReplyDeleteNot running away but coming home -- beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI lived in the Southwest for ten years, so I know what you mean. I often hear that call myself.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a nice calling, go for it!
ReplyDeleteOh, then you really have to listen ! Road trip !
ReplyDeleteVery beautifully written - the last line made me tear up!
ReplyDelete