"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sleepy Thoughts

I promise this is going to come out convoluted
Have you scratching your head, eyes averted, nervously giggling
Wondering if I finally went over the edge
Baffled

Chalk it up to 3 hours sleep

I was thinking...

When it's really quiet and your mind isn't competing against external distractions
And you really listen
You start noticing some things

It was as if I was standing on a large plateau looking back upon the journey
The life up to now
And all the seemingly insignificant stuff; all the little details
That seemed like loose threads
Suddenly made sense
They were like little snippets of what would come further down the road
It was like nothing, not one iota, was a waste of time
As if I had gathered these seemingly-useless morsels
and tossed them into my backpack for later use

And then I noticed the moments where I'd made judgments
Asssumptions based on nothing but false perceptions
Things that the Universe decided to turn into lessons
And what lessons they became;
like judging a whole race because of my brother's death
judging the stay-at-home Moms because of one suburb
stating I didn't like people because of those I'd been surrounded by

Leaving me to suddenly wonder what else I've judged
that hasn't become a lesson yet
and realizing it's
Me
I've brutally judged myself and this year seems to be about that lesson
It's as if the Universe is out to prove me wrong

And as I blinked in the darkness
I had an image of me sitting on that plateau with an open backpack
Saw all the loose bits of stuff still gathered there
like pieces of a puzzle
waiting their turn to fit in just the right moment
Like Indiana Jones
pulling the key from his bag that fits the locked door he eventually faces
Nervously looking ahead wondering what I'd face

And I remembered what the nurse had said as I finished my stress test yesterday
"He pushed you way past your comfort zone because he knew you could handle it"
I told her I would have quit when my heart rate reached 100
They pushed me to a comfortable 190

And I mentally smiled
Knowing the Universe is pushing me past my comfort zone
And I can handle it
~ ~
So is it just me thinking this way?
Should I get some sleep?

5 comments:

  1. WOW!!! You should be sleep deprived more often!! What amazing insight!! I think that you are so much more brave than I am at this point. I believe it all in my head but my heart hasn't caught up yet---it's being sceptical and wants more "proof". You rock Elena!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living in the moment, and not in the head, is what this life experience is about, I think. Seems to me you just experienced a moment of Creation. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you deserve it! Love that you wrote this out. Very deep. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Night time can be a very powerful time, when the angels and guides are really flying around, sending you messages. Glad you're writing your thoughts down while they're fresh.
    Love and peace to you, Elena
    You are such a wonderful writer

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great insights- just what I neede ti read and think about- May I copy it down to post on my bulletin board to read and re-read?
    So glad to have found your blog and thank you for sharing
    Johnina ☺☺☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!