Thank you SO SO SO very much to those who commented in the previous post
and to the off-blog words of wisdom
I just love y'all
So 43 isn't too old to make changes
"old dog new tricks" and all
So here's my thoughts
A few years ago I was fully immersed in society
Constant noise, traffic jams, stress, meetings, taking work home, working weekends
Selfish people living with their own agendas, not thinking twice
of stabbing each other in the back
of stabbing each other in the back
And everything else that goes with living in a concrete box
I hardly saw a tree unless it was on the expressway
Let's call that 'living on the far left'
Then I had enough and brought it to a screeching halt
I separated myself and family from society
Moved to the cusp of the country
Among the trees and stars and birds and sweet silence
I hardly see a person unless I drive to town
Let's call that 'living on the far right'
The Universe introduced me to myself
And although awkward at first, we're finally learning to understand each other
I've tapped into a creative and spiritual side I never knew existed
And I love this far right side
So I was surprised when I recently started feeling that tiny restless feeling
Like prickly legs coming awake
And I thought, 'oh COME ON, now what'
Soon after I had to start work at the condo
The little issue with the neighbor and finally my Mama's fall
Yesterday was the first time in 14 days that I stayed home
I sat in traffic, fought to maintain stress free, and didn't see a tree
I was slipping to the far left
And it hit me
Some people do perfectly fine with living on the left
Some people are born to live on the right
And those like me are meant for the middle ground
with sways to the left and the right
It's a perfect dance
It's why I always have to go farther
Why I can't settle for long
I don't outgrow and lose it
I'm harvesting and putting the experience into my backpack
for the journey ahead
Atleast I know now that I don't want to return to the far left
And I feel I'm meant to do something with the far right
But I suspect that will reveal itself in time
I just have to be patient (ha!)
and remember to stay aware of what's happening
I also suspect I'm going to end up somewhere between the middle and the right
Slightly off balance
Just like my crazy mind
But oh what fun
More and more I realize how fitting the word Antevasin is
The antevasin was an in-betweener.
he was a border-dweller.
He lived in sight of both worlds, but he looked toward the unknown.
And he was a scholar.”
I study life
~ ~ ~
As a side note
Hubby and I were driving to the condo when I said I hated urban sprawl
Said if development came any closer I was moving again
Said if I can't afford it I'll wander
Maybe join a cult in the southwest
He laughed and said
'I don't think they'd have you...you can't be controlled'
Sadly he's right
I don't even have control
Hey, if no cult will have you -- start your own!
ReplyDeleteI hear you on urban sprawl!!!
ReplyDeleteExcept, I know we could never get the house sold for what it and the land are worth, DH would NOT live further in the country nor could I move him to New Orleans.....and then there is the studio issue.
Odd how we (artists) feel the bad affects of urban growth and need our space....that it is life and breath to us. That need to not be boxed in.
At least me.
Can we make our own cult of Harley Boots and Doc Martens???? :-D
XXOO~~♥
Anne
Constantly the waters change, eternally the river flows.............
ReplyDeleteOk i am going to laugh on this post Elena.....I say this every third day, I'll wander off.
ReplyDeleteU know when I am on far left I crave for right, when I am on far right I crave for left....I figure that to appreciate right I need left and vice versa, that harmony is the key to beat my restlessness from destroying my fun.
Njoii :)
My far left is not as far as yours, still the travel makes me weary.
ReplyDelete