"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Psssst.....hi

I'm starting to lose touch
With up or down
Even more so than my usual self
Hee hee!
 It's like the rollercoaster that
lifts and dips and spins and curves
Rattling your head to and fro so fast
You don't know what's going on

This being 'thrown back into the ring' of society
has been interesting
 I've had to pull in the reigns when my mind threatens to whine
and retreat into a zombified state of just being
When I realized I had spent $150 on gas in ONE week
I reminded myself it was well spent to be with my Mama

When I started to feel the despair at seeing all the old people
in the nursing rehab center; looking sad and alone
I reminded myself to smile and say hello and they had lived full lives
I made up life stories for them as I watched and studied

When I started to complain about the work at the condo
I thanked God it rented so I could pay that mortgage
I'm proud that I'm learning to flip the switch on my thoughts
For my own sanity

And yet, some funny things have occurred
Tearing up the bedroom carpet and rolling it into manageable sizes
I reached for the roll of duct tape I'd left by my knee a minute ago and couldn't find it
I unrolled the carpet thinking I'd left it inside
I finally found it on the kitchen counter

For the last several weeks I kept dreaming about the dryer vent
You know that flexible metal hose that looks like cool robot arms
Every morning I'd tell hubby that I thought we had to check the condo
Finally he agreed to look
Turns out it had fallen off and there was lint all over the place

The other night around 3 a.m. I was in a deep sleep
The dog cuddled next to me
When I was woken by a whisper in my ear "Psssssssst....Hi"

The dog lifted her head and looked around
So did I
And I said out loud
"Really? At 3 a.m? You woke me up, mustered up all that energy
Just to say "psssst....hi?"
Very funny. Let me sleep."

Then I thought about it
Had I heard anything more
I would have peed

These are the last two days working at the condo (yay!)
Then I could focus just on the Mama who is doing better
As soon as I can I will visit y'all
Promise

6 comments:

  1. i'm glad your mom is doing better....and those dreams of yours are always so life telling....xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're in tune with the world around you. Excellent!
    Not worrying about the gas. Check
    Dealing head on with condo. Check
    Keeping connected with the spirit world. Check
    Taking care of your mama. Soon to be checked in a big huge way.
    Glad she's healing well. Hope she's able to get out of rehab real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post is refreshingly witty as usual. Your Mama will be so glad you are there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your Mom starts feeling much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's cool how both you and the dog heard it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!