"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

3 Baby Birds in a Nest

It's over
The frantic tearing, patching, sanding, nailing
Followed by endless cleaning that involved
Toothbrushes, hands and knees, ladders, and lots of music
I scrubbed walls and trim
I scrubbed interiors of washers and dryers
Vacuumed things I didn't know could be vacuumed
Every muscle hurts
But it's OVER
The tenant started moving in last night

Now, I have to look at my house
And the piles of dirty laundry
Dust bunnies the size of sewer rats
Dog prints on the carpet
And I don't have the energy to start all over again

Instead I'm heading out to the rehab center
Where my Mama gets a cast on her leg today
I want to have input on the color
Because it's a blank canvas after all

She was sitting in her wheelchair
Waiting for her turn in the rehab room
She noticed some women across the room looking her way
laughing and whispering and laughing again
Feeling self-conscious she wondered if her hair was sticking up
Wondered if her blouse was open
Until one rolled over and asked my Mama if she had painted them
Confused my Mama asked what
The woman pointed to my Mama's toes
And my Mama laughed, finally understanding
"Oh, NO, that's my crazy daughter"
To which the woman laughed again and said
"You could tell your daughter has a lovely spirit"

In reality, THIS daughter doesn't have a lovely spirit
I just have an addiction to Sharpies and blank canvases

Ok
Sharpie in bag
Gotta run
New cast today
JOY!!

9 comments:

  1. omg..... ;-D
    No mercy, even for your poor mother! LOL!!!
    I'm on the run too; house, groceries, blah blah blah....sometimes I think it never ends.
    And then other times I know it doesn't!

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne.....who anticipates seeing the *glow* of the cast from here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. tee hee hee! love it! love it even more that your mama let you do it. you guys are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee ! Giggles and smiles rule ! And so do you, Bright Spirited Elena !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the cutest thing, and I think you do have a lovely spirit, judging by your mama's toes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are too cute !!
    and how lucky is your mom to have you there with her.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you running from Mama? She'll get over those happy toes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You DO have a lovely spirit! Cute little toes too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!