This week's word, Lagniappe, was picked by Upsidedown Bee
Isn't it cool?
Such a cool looking word. Sounding so mysterious in my head.
As in...
'Jeeves, please bring the Lagniappe out front, I feel like riding the countryside'
or
'Confirming that she was alone, she opened the hidden panel to reveal the Lagniappe'
or
'Confronted by Evil she pulled her Lagniappe and sliced through the darkness'
or, or, or...
so I pulled in the reins of my imagination and looked at B's definition instead
1. A small gift presented by a storeowner to a customer with the customer’s purchase.
2. An extra or unexpected gift or benefit. Also called regionally boot.
Interesting fact- Napa comes from yapa, which means “additional gift” in the South American Indian language, Quechua, from the verb yapay “to give more” (from Stan Phelps at Marketing Lagniappe)
~OH~
tee hee
I thought and thought
And I had nothing
Then coming down the stairs this morning, I caught a glimpse of snow in the twilight
The moment where everything has that magical blue glow
And the silence has its own sound
I caught my breath and whispered 'thanks God -You outdid yourself'
Then it hit me
Current life #2 is a Lagniappe from the Great Spirit!
I had the gift of life during #1 and I was scrambling along
but #2, so unlike the first, now that is the unexpected gift
And it made sense
I was given 'an additional gift' so that I may in turn 'give more' to the world
Yep
Sounds conceited huh
Good pride
And then I realized that sentence up above actually applies afterall
'Confronted by Evil she pulled her Lagniappe and sliced through the darkness'
~
Thanks B
Hey Mista!
ReplyDeleteThrow me somethin'!!!
Best lagniappe yet! Mardi Gras throws!!!
Good friendships are the lagniappe of life....;-)
XXOO~~♥
Anne
What a wonderful gift to be aware of and enjoy such gifts!
ReplyDeleteLOL I enjoyed all your takes on the word, but especially this last one. Slicing through the darkness - a wonderful gift indeed!
ReplyDeleteMay your Lagniappe always continue to serve you well.
ReplyDeleteBy Jeeves I believe you got it! Couldn't resist. :-)
ReplyDeletegood for you - you used the word in sentence(s)... I wasn't as daring!love you message to take a second glance at life - how true! how true!
ReplyDeleteAlways thinking and turning things around til they make sense...me too :)
ReplyDeletexox