This week's Weekword, Cynosure, was picked by Junebug's Musings
Isn't it such a cool looking word?
Cynosure
I'd never heard of it. Had to look it up.
"An object that serves as a focal point of attention and admiration"
And I thought, Bruce Willis in Die Hard, Indiana Jones, Jack Sparrow of Pirates
....wait...'admiration' not lust (tee hee)
"Something that serves to guide"
And I thought of my mentors John and Anne
...wait...they're not 'things'
And then I found this definition
"The North Star, used as a guide by navigators"
And it felt just right
~ ~ ~
As I lay on the couch at night
I can see the sky through the bare tree branches
I watch the moon, stars and planets
as they silently follow their paths across the sky
and I wonder
how many others are enjoying the same view
how many others long before me
have looked upon the night sky
sending their dreams, their sorrows and joys
their gratitude and pleas
to be carried to the heavens
and how many after me
will look upon the same sky
In that one moment
I catch my breath
feeling as if I'm in a childhood game of connect the dots
feeling as if I am a part of everything in the past, present and future
from one immense loving source
and I feel like I can do anything
and it takes my breath away
(this was the little giveaway I sent Karen in Canada)

A wonderful feeling looking at the immensity of existence and feeling that connection. Great post describing a great experience.
ReplyDeleteI definitely fit in the *thing* category at the moment.....the not-awake thing, the too tires to do anything-thing....
ReplyDeleteYep.
I'm a thing!
XXOO~~♥
Anne
Thanks, I just learned a new word today!
ReplyDeleteGreat word, must remember. Wonderful little giveaway! Perfectly suited to the stars...
ReplyDeleteElena...that is so incredibly beautiful
ReplyDelete..in your signature color..and mine..colbalt/indigo blue
how can you ever doubt that you are an artist
truly been given a gift
quit talking and just open the darn thing
I followed the North Star too, although it led me somewhere different. Lovely words and I love the depth of blue in the picture.
ReplyDeleteDreamy. I think those things too sometimes when I look out. Your painting is beautiful, Elena.
ReplyDeleteThat is fantastic! I always think the same things when I'm staring at the stars. They seem to prompt a feeling of possibility and connection.
ReplyDeleteThank you for agreeing to host. No special rules. Just pick a word. If you are worried about it being a word we already used - don't. It has happened and no big deal. Although I believe Christine EE has a list of the words used in the last six months if you wanted to check. I will put a link up to you. On Monday all you do is post your word(make sure you ask for a volunteer to host-I forgot), then on Friday post the list of participants. Just email me if you have any questions. :-) Thanks!
simply beautiful! ...to feel so connected. love your poem and art, and how the tree branches seem to form a network like the stars. all connected.
ReplyDeleteThat was lovely! The night sky is probably one of the most moving things for me, too.... calms me... gives me such a sense of peace.... even its immensity is somehow calming, not scary. Thanks for the post. B.
ReplyDelete