"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Compliment

Today my mom was discussing my siblings
And how they managed their families like little islands
When in reality we're all part of the same family - extended or not
Then she laughed and said:
And then there's....you

You're crazy
You used to be a paper doll
But now you're a cardboard doll
You were the most sensitive
The most sickly

And she laughed again and left it at that
It was the best compliment I've ever received
~~~~~~~

So thank you my blogging family
For helping me on my journey
In a world where I thought I was alone
And I didn't belong

I was just looking in the wrong place
~~~
If you've never seen the Pixar film
For The Birds by Karen Dufilho
Take a moment
It'll make you smile

For The Birds
~

P.S. I'm the big bird

5 comments:

  1. that is my favrite one... when I saw that for the first time I thought it was so great... what good old fashion creative energy... And they say Laughter is the Laungage of the Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear how accepting you're becoming. We need to be different. Loved the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for being part of my blogging family....

    and now I'm off to watch the birds....

    and wait for a service to show up to finish the drive and sidewalk since our snowblower just blew a gasket and is leaking oil....oh, will the fun ever stop ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello.I can't believe that it has taken me so long to get over to your blog. I look forward to following it Elena. It will a new treat for myself. Warmly, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elena...how good..what goodness

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!