"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy New Year dear friends



Did you know there will be a "blue moon" on New Year's Eve?

I won't pretend I knew about it.

I just ran across this article by Alicia Chang on USA TODAY.

"A full moon occurs every 29.5 days, and most years have 12. On average, an extra full moon in a month — a blue moon — occurs every 2.5 years. The last time there was a lunar double take was in May 2007. New Year's Eve blue moons are rarer, occurring every 19 years. The last time was in 1990; the next one won't come again until 2028." Blue moons have no astronomical significance, said Greg Laughlin, an astronomer at the University of California, Santa Cruz.
"'Blue moon' is just a name in the same sense as a 'hunter's moon' or a 'harvest moon,'" Laughlin said in an e-mail. The popular definition of blue moon came about after a writer for Sky & Telescope magazine in 1946 misinterpreted the Maine Farmer's Almanac and labeled a blue moon as the second full moon in a month. In fact, the almanac defined a blue moon as the third full moon in a season with four full moons, not the usual three."

Did you catch that?
 No "astronomical" significance.
Well, it sure had "elena" significance.
A full moon.
On New Year's Eve
Not to be seen again for 19 years
Cool

So here's what it means to me:

I've been in major declutter mode. Releasing things I no longer need. And I know it's also time to release old relationships and ideas that hold me back. Something I am very uncomfortable doing. And perhaps I told the Angels that I'll do so 'once in a blue moon'. (HA - ok that was cheesy but couldn't resist) So, here it is. A blue moon.

And then I read an article that said the full moon represents the end of a chapter and sheds light on things we don't need anymore and block our progress. It spoke of full moon rituals where you release those blocks to make way for the birth of the little seedlings trying to grow within.

So tomorrow night I'll be looking up at the sky.
And thanking the blue moon.
The New Year is going to be special.
I can feel the anticipation.
I have no clue what's in store. But that's half the excitement.




And if you hear howling, that's just me connecting to Nature.
This year I'll be calling on support from the four elements

Air, Water, Earth, Fire



Happy New Year my friends
Thank you for your support this year
And for not letting me scare you away

6 comments:

  1. Oh you saucy girl you... you full of wonder. Thank you for looking this all up I read it to the husband this morning over coffee..
    and wonderful start for the new year!
    ~v~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena you should share this on Face book today.. good info

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this info and meaning attached to the blue moon. I, too, have much to let go of, so I will be listening for that howl tonight, Elena, and I may even join you!

    Happy New Year!
    xoxo lulu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Elena howling!
    Remember to put out your jar to catch that blue moon light energy
    I hope my jar doesn't freeze...then what?
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - forgot the "jar thing"! I need to make a note of that. Love your photos, Elena.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the info! I was aware it was coming and took time to gaze at it's wintery blue beauty. Didn't realize so many years between New Year's Blue Moon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!