"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Play Instinct


The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect
but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. C.G.Jung
~ ~ ~

I've been trying to control the act of creating with my head.
Unsuccessfully.
So my body figured out a way to distract me.
It formed that lump that sent me to the medical gurus.
My brain had something else to worry about.
Once everything came back ok,
My brain realized it was worrying needlessly
about something
as simple as
creating

So my play instinct has been given some elbow room

I baked a bit
To experiment with pans and batter



And I worked on my sister's birthday present
My head wanted to get involved
This is my first shot at shoes
I don't like heels
So it was hard to draw them
This work is in progress
It doesn't feel done yet
The shoes are skewed

But so am I
I'm not worried
I'm just....playing

(Besides my sis would love anything I give her - she's my sis)



8 comments:

  1. Alright, the next art gallery opening featuring: Elena and Uta or Uta and Elena with "Shoes".
    How cool is this image, Elena? Do you mind sharing the technique a bit. The hot red/pink shoes are so shiny I love that. And skewed, nah, how about your own unique creative twist? Pretty darn fabulous for just playing around. Play more!
    I'm loving the high heels. I can't wear them cuz then I'd be taller than Frank. Vanity! But then I can always go out on the town with the gals and my high heels. Live it up, Elena! You rock!
    And yes the detours are lessons that challenge us, but you got back up in the saddle and kept riding!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear you play! Wonderful output!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shoes and the background. Very cool. glad you are playing. It is a very happy place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all! Bev, when I saw Uta's shoes I knew my sis would like it but figured I couldn't afford to buy one yet and I didn't know how to draw shoes. I thought of copying one of my Harley boots but it wouldn't be the same. My sister is a girly-girl. Then my sis said she wanted me to make her something with shoes. I thought darn! So I tried it. I used an 8x10 canvas panel. Added gesso and tore strips of paper from a clothing catalog. Hidden behind the paint are images of jewelry, shoes, clothes, all things she likes. I then attached these using gel medium. Added random acrylic colors and drew the shoes on with charcoal. Painted them and added a few random words. I added a rhinestone to the decorative flap on one shoe. She likes bling. I still have to shade them and add something.

    Wow, look at me pretending to know what I'm talking about. Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why hello, the shoe epidemic seems to have spread to the US. I just can't believe your growth girlfriend! This is one fantastic artwork. And I notice again its from the heart. See you cover the background with layers and work from the heart and hey presto, magic happens.

    I'm very proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No profound words but YES! Yes...Yes... look at her go... so glad to witness this. Couldn't give this to anyone.. something only each one of us has to do is walk through and down the path to where we are to be heading and along the way we play, make friends and follow that Bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. whew...worrying aside....creativity in full force :)

    and of course she will love that drawing/painting....because it's from your heart and not the mall, is one of many reasons.....

    and if I bring the tea, can I eat some of your baked goodies ?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!