I spent alot of time on the highway today and had nothing else to do but drive and look at car stickers. After a dozen or so I started thinking how much information you can get about a person from the stickers they slap onto their vehicles. No problem with that. But, and I'll always find a but, there can be a bit too much information. Like it or not, the world has some downright evil people in it.
I used to think the family stick figures were rather cute. But now they're so common that it lost its charm. But I found one car a bit troubling. It had a mom sticker, two cheerleader girls and a cat sticker. Driving behind it I couldn't help but think that if I were a predator I had now found my next victim. Here was a mom with two teenagers and a cat who wouldn't announce my breaking in. Worse yet, there were two Honor Student stickers naming the school where these girls went. See? Didn't I tell you I didn't trust anyone? Add that to watching too many LMN movies, reading too many Patricia Cornwell novels, and watching True Crime. You just have to be careful. Be alert.
And have common sense.
As for the mom and her daughters?
I consoled myself by figuring that mom owned a firearm store, the girls knew karate, and the cat was actually a black panther.
UGH! I had a sticker I wanted to put on my bumper, it said "fur is dead" but I decided not to as I moved out to a backwoods area with wildlife splayed across station wagon roofs. Figured I'd get my ass kicked.
ReplyDeleteOn the contrary there have been stories of cats attacking thieves breaking into homes and successfully deterring the criminals out!
turn your tv off
ReplyDelete