An Overview of the 28-Day Soul-Coaching Program (by Denise Linn)
Days 1-7 are devoted to the properties of Air and are associated with clearing mental debris
Days 8-14 are devoted to the properties of Water and are associated with your connecting to your emotional self.
Days 15-21 are devoted to the properties of Fire and are associated with clearing the shadows from your spiritual self.
Days 22-28 are devoted to the properties of Earth and are associated with strengthening your physical self.
So this is Air Week - Clearing of Mental Self
Devoted to clearing as many unresolved issues as possible that block the mental aspect of self. The -that when your outer life is in disarray, it's difficult to find the stillness to connect with your inner life.
Day 1 Affirmation - "My evaluation of myself is not who I am"
Day 2 Affirmation - "I honor my comitments to myself and to others"
I had to pick a daily commitment and something I've been putting off. So I picked the two I felt the most resistance towards.
Exercise - atleast 15 min -I don't know what my problem is here except that I hate it. But I feel good when I do it. So I have no excuse
.
Clearing paper clutter - I've been moving this pile of papers first at the condo and now here. It's probably 2 years old. I keep saying I'll file it and review it and I'm sure it's mostly obsolete now. I've been able to avoid it by hiding it. So I went in and dumped the contents on the studio floor. Now I have no choice. It's in my way; physically and mentally. The blank canvases are also on my loose end list. They scare me. Everything I've done is small. Those big ones freak me out. But they'll be next...
Growing up my mom used to say that whatever condition you or your home are in at the start of the New Year will set the mood for the rest of the year. I don't want to be breathless walking up the stairs or carrying around this pile of papers for another year!
By writing this here I feel like I have to do it. And with this picture I'll be ashamed enough to commit.
"People who fail to make changes in their life usually get stopped by frustration, which is then followed by procrastination. When you feel frustrated, see this as an opportunity to strengthen your soul. Breathe deeply, take a risk, and vigorously plunge ahead. You'll find clarity on the other side - this is the moment for a breakthrough." Denise Linn

That's your pile....no problem
ReplyDeleteI'm afraid to open my study closet..years of writingstuff...handouts..writing...books,collages...I like her books...they fit the voodoo hoodo part of me.....
water fire earth wind....there's those angels again!
Have fun with it...change will come
I didn't like that last book...from the start..but I told you that already....
You are a indeed a fellow traveler
very intersting post, struck a cord with me, gave me lots to think about as the new year approaches.
ReplyDeleteGreat little sage advise. At least I have a little time off over the holidays to start some de-cluttering before the New Year start! I read somewhere that to commit only 15 minutes a day and stick with it, drops that frustration of not seeing an end. I do have piles and they taunt me, but I can't do it all. Kudos on your project!
ReplyDeleteSounds like an interesting book! oh-oh. I have lots of those kind of piles.
ReplyDelete