Sitting with hubby the other day he said there was something I hadn't said in a long time. I asked what that was and he said that I hadn't said "There's got to be more to life". And I said, yep you're right because I found out this year that there definitely is more to life.
~ ~ ~
Familiar
I'd walked this long straight hall so many times
Slowly
Sometimes I'd turn around and go back
Stand still
Or sit down under a burned out light-looking down the darkened corridor
Endless
Was this all there was?
Despair
There had to be more to life? There just had to be.
Defiance
And I stood up with head lowered and walked the long dim corridor
Yet Again
Until I saw a tiny dot of light, at a side wall way down near the floor
Fearful
And I poked my pinky in until the hole widened and the light shone into the darkness
Incredulous
I peeked through this opening of light
And there, running parallel and perpendicular to my corridor, was a whole network of paths
Leading in all directions
Running across others' paths
With curves and hills and...
Light
My spirit had tried to tell me there was more to life
But I had refused to believe
So they sent a tiny dot to get my attention and asked me to...
Trust
South Dakota 2006


Lovely tale and photos! Really cause one to ponder it all. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteyou make me laugh.....nice photos
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Thank you. Karen
ReplyDelete