"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Friday, December 4, 2009

New Technique



Walked into drawing class yesterday and Lois decided to teach us how to create our own stamps by carving into the linoleum sheets. Whoa, so cool! I have trouble drawing negative space and this was the same for me. I decided to try out this little tree. The little blobs sitting on the branches are supposed to be birds. Looks like someone didn't carve around the birds too carefully. I'll fix it. But for now it was cool learning this new technique. Sure beats paying $10 for a stamp. Really like learning new things....

2 comments:

  1. Your tree turned out great. Next you will be carving wood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I really didn't know you were so crafty...artsy !
    I love that about you !!

    do you know about valley ridge art studio....are you in illinois ?
    it wouldn't be very far from you....people come from chicago all the time....ANYHOW, the registration for next year's classes opens on the 7th and there might be a class there that you would love :)

    I go there every year....it's a little piece of heaven if you're looking for a place to learn and love...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!