"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."~Brian Andreas

Monday, December 21, 2009

Winter Solstice



Today marks the shortest day and the longest night.
A gradual lengthening of daylight hours
A promise that the 'death' we perceive during the Winter months
will be replaced with the rebirth that occurs during the Spring

Reminding us not to take things so literally
to stop being so sensitive about the proper 'holiday' greeting
No matter the religious beliefs
Most of them carry the same promise of rebirth
a salvation from darkness


So from my home to yours
Merry Christmas
Feliz Navidad








4 comments:

  1. Longest night....ahhh
    I needs it
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy solstice to you too Elena. We however just had our shortest night. I'm thankful for the extra daylight hours in this busy time of the year,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always so grateful that we turn and the days begin to get longer. Sunlight is so necessary. What fantastic decorations in your window!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You are my fellow travelers in life's journey and I respect your words of wisdom.

Or click here to send me an email
Email me!

Peace!